Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 3

It got a little easier today!  Not so hungry and I slept like a rock (back to my usual, lol) last night.

Breakfast this morning:  Seasoned half a fresh tomato with salt and garlic powder and put it in a skillet with olive oil.  After it cooked awhile I added an egg to fry.  Pretty good!

Lunch was salad in a jar - day 3 since I made these and still fresh as the day I made them.  A half avocado.  An apple.  I ate at my desk, so I had bites here and there in between working.  Also snacked on a little trail mix, kale chips, and an apple.  After work was book club and I took fresh pineapple and peaches and had some grapes there.  The conversation was good so I didn't miss not trying the cookies... much.  This month the book was Plain Song by Kent Haruf.  Next time we are doing Eventide, the followup book to this one.

Dinner was fabulous!  I made some cauliflower rice because, you know, everyone is doing it these days.  Used this recipe:Cilantro lime cauliflower rice and the mango salsa. Kara and Nels came over and we had some of the rotisserie chicken from the other day with it.  Very delicious and filling.  Kara made some homemade dressings for salads over the next few days.  We may give up store-bought salad dressings altogether - these are so much more healthy/inexpensive/tasty/creative.

I think I'll have a cut up kiwi with some sunflower nut butter and call it a night pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment