Monday, September 1, 2014

Whole 30 - Day 1

Trying the whole 30  challenge.  No sugar, no dairy, no grains.  There are a few (okay many) other no's, but those are the main ones.  This morning breakfast was an omelet made from eggs, some chopped leftover seasoned chicken breast, chopped peppers, onions, and celery.  Orange juice. Jasmine green tea. 

Then Kara and I set out to go shopping for foods on the yes list.  Not an easy task!  We went to Green Acres at Briarcliff in Kansas City, read a lot of labels and ended up putting a lot of things back on the shelf. They sneak sugar and grains into most everything!  Did pick up a few items.  Headed back to St. Joe to Aldi, but they were closed for Labor Day, so we went to Sam's Club and picked up a few more things.

I had some mixed nuts to snack on and a black coffee after dropping Kara off, then to Wal-Mart to pick up a few more things.  I made up some salads-in-a-jar, four for me, two for Kara for lunches this week using this salad in a jar tutorial. I made some kale chips.  Dinner tonight was just snacking on a little of the rotisserie chicken from Sam's, some of the salad stuff, a few grapes and blueberries, and an apple with some of the sunflower seed butter I bought today.

Not a bad first day.  I did feel like I spent a great deal of time buying, preparing, and thinking about food.  Tomorrow is back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment